KURV MAG - Into the Wilderness
Publication Date: January 24, 2014
Recent magazine editorial in WINTER 2013/2014 issue of KURV Mag. Fashion editorial by fashion photographer Johnny Sandaire & Jodi Jones.
“Our inspiration was derived from the French Revolution when the Women marched on the Palace of Versailles on October 1789, otherwise known as the October Days, The October March, or The March on Versailles. The Theme of the shoot is the “Fall from Grace” of the Royals who resided at the “Palace de Versailles; during a two day stand-off at the “Palace de Versailles,” the hungry and angry women from Paris, armed with weapons that they managed to acquire from the local armory, marched on Versailles to demand a swift resolution. On the following day, the King, his family and subjects were marched back to Paris, returning the King’s powers to the service of the people. To best convey our visual story, we chose the medium format Hasselblad HD4 with an 80mm lens to give us a film-like narrative to the images. For our lighting, we chose broncolor Mobil AR2 Kit; one pack and 2 heads. We feel broncolor provides the best quality of light, and it is simply amazing to have the flexibility on location to paint light where we wanted, and provided the necessary shadow fill and balanced lighting that we needed.” Photographers Johnny Sandaire & Jodi Jones. The shoot was back-dropped by broken-down shacks from the forests of Watchung Reservation, Union County New Jersey.
- "Into The Wilderness"
- Photography Johnny Sandaire & Jodi Jones Shot with the Hasselblad H4D 40 & Broncolor Mobil AR2 Kit
- Stylist Oscar Montes de Oca “The Ruven Afanador photos was my visual inspiration for this Royal story.. And Coco Chanel's quote was the emotional inspiration for this shoot... "A girl should be two things: Classy and fabulous". Wanted to convey a sense of decadence despite there new found fiscal situation... all the while keeping the style classy and fabulous.
- Makeup Artist Hazuki Matsushita “My inspiration for the shoot was to pure luxury using deep jewel tones and gold, and mixing that with the look of dirt on their skin to mimic them doing hard manual labor.”
- Manicurist Gerry Holford “The inspiration for the nails was glamor in the face of financial ruin. These royals now have nothing but they are still presenting a rich front, which includes nails that are immaculately maintained despite having to work in the fields and fend for themselves.”
- Hair Stylist Cassondra Rae “My inspiration for the hair on the Royal shoot was more of an organic progression. I was inspired by the textures in nature surrounding us as well as the regal feeling of the garments. I created a look that while having great texture and structure still had an organic distressed feel.”
- Models (in order of appearance) Loris Kraemer/Ford Models Luize Salmgrieze/Ford Models Alina D/New York Models
- Photographer’s 1st assistant Stefano Ortega Styling Assistant Julian Gallon Makeup Assistant Chloe Soda Intern Chunyan Liang
Before & After Digital Editing Examples:
Posted below are some examples of my editing and what you can expect from my services. These "Before & After" Digital imaging editing samples depict, some basic editing as well as a more rigorous or elaborate process. The amount of editing that I perform on a raw image depends on the client's requirements, the purpose of the photo and image content. Fashion and Product photography are more likely to be edited for details, composition, and quality, resulting in a narrow, more message (mood) focusing on the product.